The SS Zambezia was constructed in 1903 by Sir Raylton Dixon & Co. of Middlesbrough for
Her tonnage was 1174 gross tons with a length of 220 feet and a breadth of 33 feet. She had a single, triple expansion steam engine designed for 9 knots.
Completed in September 1903, The Zambezia was delivered to her owners for service. In May 1917 the Zambezia caught fire and burned out while laden with cased petrol and was deemed a total loss.
She was eventually salvaged and then in 1920, the Zambezia sold to Thesen’s Steam Ship company of South Africa. She was sold to the Colonial Navigation Company(Cia. Colonial de Navegacao) of Lisbon in 1931 and renamed the Buzi.
Sold to the Colonial Steamships Co. Ltd. of Port Louis, Mauritius in 1934, she was renamed the Zambezia and was used primarily in domestic service. She was sold to and delivered to the breakers in 1951.
Tees Built Ships, http://teesbuiltships.co.uk/view.php?a1PageSize=&year_built=&builder=&a1Order=Sorter_name&a1Dir=DESC&a1Page=3&ref=165274&vessel=ZAMBEZIA